We want to make life easier for you, even if things go wrong.

Sometimes things don't work as we expect them to. If that happens then we're sorry, we'll do our best to put things right as quickly as we can.

If something does go wrong, please contact us as soon as it's convenient.

Most problems get resolved straight away and we'll keep you informed while we look into your concerns.

Getting your smile back

We don’t want you to be unhappy, so once you’ve let us know that something’s not right, we’ll get straight on it. We aim to resolve even the most complicated complaints within three weeks. There are lots of ways we can get your smile back, this might include actions to fix our mistake, an apology, an explanation, or compensation.

If you’re still not happy that we’ve sorted it for you, you can ask for your complaint to be escalated. And if you’re still not happy, then ask us to carry out an internal review of your case. We’ll look at how we’ve handled it and the resolution offered. We’ll let you know the outcome of the review and the reasons for our decision. If we agree to carry out other actions following the review, we’ll let you know how long it might take.

Our aim is to find a resolution that works best for everyone involved as quickly as possible; keeping you updated along the way.

If we’ve not quite managed it

We’re super confident that we can get you smiling again, but on the rare occasion where we can’t find a solution that works for everyone, and our final offer of resolution isn’t working for you, then we’ll send you a deadlock letter. This allows you to contact the Energy Ombudsman. We’ll also send you a deadlock letter if it’s taken us more than eight weeks to resolve your complaint.

If you want to get in touch with the Energy Ombudsman, you can call them on 0330 440 1624 or by email through their website. You can also write to them at: Ombudsman Service: Energy PO Box 966 Warrington WA4 9DF.

They’re a free and independent service, and will fully review the complaint, your concerns, and what we did to try and fix it. If the Ombudsman believes that we haven’t done our job, then they’ll tell us what we need to do. This could include an explanation or an apology, as well as actions we may need to take including compensation. We’re legally required to do what they ask, but you are not.

Energy ombudsman Phone: 0300 440 1624

Energy Ombudsman Address: Energy PO BOX 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF

How to let us know if you’re not happy

Contact one of our helpful energy specialists who will try to put things right straight away:

  • Call: 0808 501 5277 (should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines).
  • Email:
  • Write: Sainsbury’s @ E.ON Next, Floors 5-7, Rutland Centre, Halford Street, Leicester, LE1 1TQ

No matter how you get in touch, we’ll need a few things from you:

  • Your contact details or account number
  • Any background information on the issue
  • The impact the issue is having on you
  • What you would like to happen as a resolution

A second opinion

We get that sometimes you might want to get some advice from someone other than us, someone independent. You can contact Citizens Advice on 0345 404 0506 or have a look on their website.

Resolver will also be happy to talk to you about your complaint.