Having trouble paying your account with Sainsbury’s Energy?
First things first - please get in touch with us. We can discuss payment options, plans and resources available to help you. It's far better for both of us, for you to engage with us early.
So, give us a call on 0800 088 4127 (should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines).
Sainsbury’s Energy aims to be a responsible merchant - this means that we will intervene early and with sensitivity where we are concerned that our customers may be unable to pay their energy account in full - we do this so we are able to discuss help and options.
Our goal is to help customers manage their budget, make responsible choices and take practical steps to ensure things don't get worse.
Options to help you include:
- Short term deferment of payment (a payment holiday);
- A debt repayment plan;
- Agreement to regular instalments when you owe us money;
- Moving you onto a prepayment meter supplied by our parent company npower, where it is safe and reasonably practicable for you to use one, taking account of your own and your household circumstances.
When discussing any of the above options, Sainsbury’s Energy will take into account the affordability of any option, ensuring any payment for both debt and ongoing supply is manageable.
External sources of support
You may also be able to get support and advice from other sources such as:
- National Debtline - call 0808 808 4000 or visit www.nationaldebtline.org/
- Citizens Advice - call 0844 111 444 or visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
- Stepchange - call 0800 138 111 or visit www.stepchange.org/
Home energy audit
Where appropriate, we will offer you a home energy audit, referring you to someone who can do this for you. A home energy audit is a comprehensive view of your home energy use and what measures you could take to make your home more energy efficient.
Energy Efficiency Information
Sainsbury’s Energy can also provide material regarding energy efficiency information. If you would like to know more about this give us a call on 0800 088 4127 (should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines) or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.