Skip to content


Will my energy supply ever be cut off?

Don't worry, we won't consider cutting off your energy supply unless you have multiple outstanding payments, or have repeatedly missed payments, and we’ll always follow the industry standard processes. It’s important that you let us know if you or anyone living at your address are of a pensionable age, have an impairment, disability or chronic illness or long-term medical condition (including and not limited to a visual, auditory or mobility impairment), or you have young children or those who are otherwise vulnerable in your home. You can do this:

  • When you switch, by filling out the section on ‘Priority Service Register’ when prompted during the sign-up process.
  • At any time by logging into your account and selecting the ‘Settings’ section, then ‘Priority Service Register’ and 'Medical Dependency'.
  • By emailing us or calling us on 0800 088 4127*. We’re open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm (except for bank holidays).

If you find yourself struggling to pay for your energy, please let us know as soon as you can. We can give you information on how to manage your energy payments or refer you to agencies that can help with budgeting advice.

How can I make a complaint?

If you’re not happy with any aspect of our service:

  • Call us on 0800 088 4127* 
  • Contact us using the link on our website
  • Log into your account and use the ‘Contact us’ form
  • Email:
  • Write to us: Sainsbury's Energy, Quayside Tower, 9th Floor, 252 – 260 Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2HF
How do I cancel my contract within the 14 day 'cooling off' period?

After you've agreed to switch to us, you have a 14 day 'cooling off' period to change your mind and cancel your contract without any fees. To cancel within this time you can:

  • Download our cancellation form and email or post it to us at Sainsbury's Energy, Quayside Tower, 252 – 260 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2HF
  • Email us at clearly stating you'd like to cancel the contract
  • Call us on 0800 088 4127*
  • Write to us at Sainsbury's Energy, Quayside Tower, 252 – 260 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2HF
How will you contact me?

GDPR gives you more control over how your data is used and how you're contacted. The changes protect your personal data too. We've updated our privacy notice to reflect these changes, which you can find here. As part of these changes, you can tell us how you’d prefer to be contacted, whether it's via phone, email, in-app messages or SMS. We’ll be in touch to ask you which method suits you best.

Suspect energy theft?

Energy theft, or meter tampering, is where someone deliberately alters their gas or electricity meter, so it doesn’t record their usage properly.

It’s a criminal offence which can lead to a fine and 5 years in prison, but more importantly it’s extremely dangerous. Tampering with a home’s energy supply can put the safety of people in the property and surrounding area at risk.

If you think someone is stealing energy or tampering with their meter, we need to know. Just call us on 0800 088 4127*.

Other ways to report energy theft:

United Kingdom Revenue Protection Agency

Stay energy safe - report energy crime

Trouble paying

If you're having trouble paying your energy bills, please get in touch with us early on to discuss your payment options. We have plans and resources available to help you. Simply call us on 0800 088 4127*.

There are some other ways to get support too, including:

National Debtline - call 0808 808 4000 or visit

Citizens Advice - call 0844 111 444 or visit

Stepchange - call 0800 138 111 or visit

Sainsbury's Energy live chat