Priority Services Register
At Sainsbury's Energy, we are committed to providing the best service possible to our customers, especially those with specific requirements. Our Priority Services Register is a free, confidential service that provides additional support to those most in need. To be eligible for the Priority Services Register you need to be:
- Of pensionable age.
- Disabled or Chronically sick.
- On means tested benefits with children under 5.
What are the benefits?
- Password scheme for added security - only genuine Sainsbury’s Energy representatives visiting your home will be able to identify themselves with this pre-arranged password.
- Supply Interruption Advance Warning - your supply address details will be passed on to the appropriate Gas Transporter or District Network Operator. In the event of a power outage or supply interruption, they will use your information to provide advance warnings and offer alternatives, where necessary, to reduce or avoid disruption.
- Specially designed appliance controls and adaptors - for customers with dexterity or visual impairment.
- Advice booklets - all available in a specified alternative format such as large print, Braille or CD.
- Alternative format correspondence - if you have difficulty reading bills and correspondence from British Gas, we can arrange to send these in an alternative format such as large print or Braille. We can also send your bills out on CD or arrange for an advisor to call you every quarter to “talk” through your bill.
- Free yearly gas safety check - you can receive a Free Gas Safety Check if:
- You live alone and are aged over 60, disabled, or chronically sick.
- You live with others, and all household occupants are of pensionable age
and/or disabled and/or chronically sick and/or under 18 years old.
- You are in receipt of means tested benefits and a child under the age of 5 lives in your household
- Moving your gas and/or electricity meters -If you are unable to reach the safety handle on your gas meter or you are unable to access a “Pay as you go” meter to top up, we may be able to move your meter free of charge to a more suitable position. We can also look at moving your meter for access reasons i.e. wheelchair access, downstairs toilet/shower room has been fitted.
- The nominee scheme - your gas and/or electricity bills can be sent to nominated person of your choice.
- Textphone – A communication channel for customers with hearing impairments.
 Meters will not be moved for cosmetic reasons and will be moved subject to site survey and lowest cost option.
 Your calls may be recorded and /or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes. Phone lines are open Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm and on Saturdays from 8am to 6pm. We’re closed on Sundays and Bank holidays.
Home Heat Helpline
The Home Heat Helpline is a phone service offering help if you're worried about paying your heating bills.
It can provide you with access to further information, schemes and services that will help you manage your energy costs, and grants for home improvements to make your home more energy efficient.
If you are of pensionable age, a family on low income, living with long-term or serious health conditions or with disabilities.
Call us on
0800 077 3827