If you answer 'yes' to each of these points, your home may be suitable for a solar PV system:
- My home already has a metered electricity supply.
- I own the freehold of my property. If you own a leasehold property, you'll need permission from the freeholder. If you rent your property, you'll need written permission from the landlord.
- My property is not a basement or mid-floor flat. These types of property are unsuitable for solar panels.
- My property is not a listed building, nor is it in a conservation area. You don't need planning permission for most home solar power systems, but check first with your local planning officer, especially if your building is listed, or is in a conservation area or World Heritage Site. If you're unsure, give us a call.
- I have an unshaded roof space facing between east and west through south. Heavily shaded or north-facing roof spaces are unsuitable for solar panels. Call us if you're not sure.
Call 0800 077 3833* to find out more about whether your home is suitable.
*Your calls may be recorded and /or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes. Phone lines are open Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm and on Saturdays from 8am to 6pm. We’re closed on Sundays and Bank holidays.
Did you find this information useful?